Sunday, April 2, 2017

The Gaming Problem



 I had a wild dream last night.  I went up some stairs that got wider and more elegant the further I went.  I was finally faced with two large double doors that opened to a very different place than I had come from a couple floors below.  It was unfamiliar, and the people were so harried that I quickly went back down. 

However, once I was back where I started at the base of the stairs, people from that other floor started showing up.  They were all in a hurry, and something was definitely wrong, but they were very vague about the problem.  All I could get out of them was there was a "a gaming problem," which I eventually decided meant some sort of system failure.

I met a funny little guy with a rainbow shirt that finally explained things to me a little. He said people are going places they aren't supposed to, and it was causing a problem that didn't seem to have a solution. He said we're all in serious trouble, and then ran off.  It seemed we were in meltdown.

Meanwhile, others had discovered those stairs too, and were headed up.  A couple of the people from that world told me that if those people go up, they won't come back --even if I go with them.  I'll come back, but they won't be able to.

I explained it to them, but most went anyway.  They guy in the rainbow T-shirt said that I explained it really well,  but they were lost and the meltdown was still in effect.  Then, he rushed off again.

I've been pondering what the "gaming problem" might be.  Yesterday, I was coming to the conclusion that any life would be okay if I could just get what I need while I play my part.  I think that thought resulted from the feeling yesterday that I'm not really getting what I need, and that's not likely to change. I probably went to sleep with that on my mind, and it evidently triggered the dream.

If there's some sort of universal message here, perhaps it's that the big problem with the world is that people aren't getting what they need to go about their lives and have the experiences they came here to have.  Instead they/we  just react to not having enough, and the world is going into melt-down as a result.

Maybe the newly founded Economic Democracy Advocates can help.  The Brand New Congress group may also be able to reverse things.  But I think the little people in my dream may have been panicked because Trump has sacrificed the needs of the people in his quest for business profits. If less and less people get what they need to play the game of life, things will quickly spiral out of control.

By "out of control," I mean we could suddenly be faced with problems that are pulling us down so fast that there is no pulling out.  Things have to evolve one way or another.  When the weight of devolution becomes too great, we have a serious "gaming problem" -- and then...endgame!

I think we're probably circling the porcelain basin right now.  We simply have to do SOMETHING before that final flush.

No comments:

Post a Comment